VELPE55 VACATION RENTAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Good Neighbor Policy - Guest Code of Conduct
In order to maintain the top quality of our home and the peace and quiet of our neighborhood, all occupants must adhere to the following terms and conditions. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
· Identification and use: The names and ages of all occupants and proposed use of the property must be provided. A government issued identification must be presented at check-in prior to check in. All adult groups must be 25 years of age or older.
· Maximum Occupancy: Guests shall not exceed the total of 6 adults and children. Additional daytime guests are limited to a maximum of 4 and must depart prior to 10:00 PM. House parties and/or gatherings are strictly prohibited and will result in immediate eviction with no refunds.
· Noise:Guests must keep the volume of voices and music to a reasonable level and bring conversations indoors after 10:00 p.m. and close windows and doors to keep any noise inside.
· Trash: All other garbage items should be bagged, tied closed and placed only in your vacation rentals trash bin or recycle bin. Please contact your management company if the bins are full.
· Parking: Please do not exceed the designated amount of parking provided on the property. Do not block neighboring driveways or use others parking spots and maintain access for emergency vehicles at all times.
· Smoking: Smoking is not allowed in the house
Rental Terms and Conditions
Please do not proceed with booking if you are not comfortable with these policies.
Guest agrees to read and abide by the Terms of this agreement and ensure all other occupants abide by these terms. As consideration for the booking and use of Vacation Rental Property during the lease term, Guest agrees to pay Manager for all items specified.
1. RESPONSIBLE PARTY: Main guest is an adult at least 25 years of age and will be an occupant of Property during the entire reserved period unless other arrangements are approved in writing by Manager. Guest is responsible for the conduct of occupants on the property during the term of the reservation. Guests and all occupants' valid government issued I.D. must be presented upon request. No keys will be issued to anyone who is not an adult at least 25 years of age. Any reservation found to be obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of all payments and deposits and the party will be required to vacate the property immediately.
2. CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS: Should Guest wish to cancel their reservation, the notice of cancellation must be in writing and Guest is responsible to verify receipt and confirmation in writing from Manager.
· If you cancel up to 30 days prior to the start date of your stay, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 175 euro
· If you cancel up to 20 days prior to the start date of your stay, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 25% of the total amount
· If you cancel up to 10 days prior to the start date of your stay, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 75% of the total amount
· No-shows: if you do not turn up during the period booked, a cancellation fee of 100% of the total amount will be charged.
There are no refunds for early departures, delayed arrivals, construction noise or activity, inclement weather or reduction in the number of nights reserved for any reason. If the Property becomes unavailable or unsuitable for rent for any reason, including but not limited to, casualty loss, construction, noise, physical deterioration, or loss of utility services, the Managers liability will be limited to the return of all monies paid on account at the time of cancellation by the Manager. All monies received will be refunded to Guest within 7 business days of confirmation of notice of cancellation.
3. TERMINATION: Manager has the right to inspect and photograph condition of the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this agreement. Should Guest or any occupants violate the terms of this Agreement, Manager may impose fines up to three (3) times the rental amount, and may terminate Guest’s occupancy immediately with no refunds of rents or security deposits. Guest shall waive all rights to due process for failure to vacate the premises upon termination and all individuals occupying the Unit will be subject to immediate eviction procedures.
4. RENTS AND PAYMENT TERMS:The full rental amount must be paid at the latest 20 days before the start of your stay.
5. SECURITY DEPOSIT: A security deposit of 300EUR has to be paid upon arrival or prior via bank transfer. Guest must notify Manager of any damages prior to check out.Any repairs or replacement costs not covered will be deducted from the Security Deposit or be charged to Guest. The Security Deposit may also be withheld or surrendered should Guest violate any terms of the agreement, including noise disturbances. The Security Deposit less any deductions will be returned within 7 days of departure date. If damaged real or personal property is deemed by Manager to be intentional or because of negligence, reimbursement will be deducted from the Security Deposit or charged to Guest. Should manager be unable to recover costs of repairs or replacements from the Security Deposit, Guest is responsible to provide an alternative method of reimbursement within 48 hours of notification.
6. CHECK IN: Check in time is 3:00 PM. Early check-in is allowed only with prior written approval. Keys will be provided once all fees and charges have been collected.
7. CHECK OUT: Check out time is 10:00 AM. Prior written approval us required from Manager for late check-out. Cleaning and maintenance are pre-scheduled, so adhering to the Check-Out Time is very important.
8. CHECK OUT / CLEANING PROCEDURES: Each property will be inspected, sanitized and cleaned prior to your arrival and after your departure. Guest should leave the property in the same general condition at Check-In meaning:
a) Any debris, rubbish and discards removed from the home.
b) Dishes and cooking messes cleaned up.
c) Put back any furniture or items that have been rearranged (inside and outside home).
d) All remote controls left in plain sight.
e) Refrigerator and unit should be left clean and free of perishable food.
f) Lounge chairs equipment, etc. put back in place.
g) Please turn-off lights, heater, appliances, etc.
h) Please make sure all doors and windows are closed and locked.
i) If applicable, leave keys on the kitchen counter.
The cleaning fee is for a standard cleaning only. If the home was left in poor condition and additional cleaning is required, fees will be charged to Guests at a minimum rate of 50EUR per hour. A 25EUR per item fee will be charged for each lost key and remote control that is damaged or not left at the Property upon check-out.
9. OCCUPANCY: Guest understands and agrees that Property shall be occupied by no more than the number of individuals (including children and infants) indicated on the website listing, and day/evening guests are limited to 4 persons. All day/evening guests must vacate the premises by 10:00 p.m. It is not allowed to camp in the garden.
10. AMENITIES: The property is fully furnished, and includes ready-made beds, 1 set of bath towels per guest and an equipped kitchen. Furnishings and amenities are not new and may exhibit signs of wear and tear. Amenities and furnishings are subject to change, and may or may not be the exact same as represented due to replacement, substitution or other reasons. Manager provides a starter kit of soaps, dish detergent, laundry soap, shampoo, toilet paper, paper towels, and other dispensable items. Since a limited supply is provided, Guest should plan to shop to replenish these items if necessary. Manager assumes no responsibility for the quality or contents of any food products left on the premises and Guests use and/or consumption of same is not recommended and shall be at Guest's own risk(s). Towels (except beach towels) and linens are not to be taken from the units.
11. TELEPHONES AND WIFI: Telephones are not customarily provided. WIFI is available and the password will be communicated upon arrival.
12. DISTURBANCES AND ILLEGAL ACTIVITY: Guest and their guests shall behave in a civilized manner and shall be good neighbors, respecting the rights of the surrounding neighbors, and shall not create noise or disturbances that interfere with the quiet enjoyment of their property. Outdoor noise, or noise carrying outside from inside the home should be kept to a minimum regardless of the hour and in compliance with the local Noise Ordinance. Any use of the unit for any unlawful purpose including, but not limited to the possession, serving, or consumption of alcoholic beverages by persons less than 21 years of age, house parties or keg parties, beer pong, or use of common areas in a manner contrary to the provisions of this agreement, or the rules of the homeowner’s association, are prohibited.
13. GUEST'S NOTIFICATION RESPONSIBILITIES: Guest shall call or email Manager upon arrival to property to confirm arrival. Upon arrival, Guest agrees to examine the Unit, all furniture, furnishings, appliances, fixtures and landscaping, if any, and shall immediately report to Manager if any are not in operating condition or in disrepair. Guest also agrees to immediately notify Manager of any occurrences that may cause damage to Property or adjacent units and to take reasonable measures to mitigate damage, and be responsible for damages for failure to do so. Guest acknowledges that unless Manager is notified on day of check-in of any damage or cleaning concerns, Guest will be liable. Any and all damages, breakage, lost or missing items on the Property during the occupancy will be Guest's responsibility and must be reported to Manager and paid prior to departure.
14. GARBAGE: Guest shall dispose of all waste material generated during the rental period in a lawful manner and put the trash in the exterior trash bins provided for pickup. Guest is cautioned not to leave unsealed trash inside or outside for long periods of time to avoid pests.
15. SUBLEASING: Guest shall not sublet the property.
16. SMOKING: No smoking is allowed on the premises. If smoking does occur on the premises, Guest may be evicted and is financially responsible for all damage caused by the smoking including, but not limited to, stains, burns and the cost of odor remediation and removal and replacement of damaged property.
17. PETS: Pets are prohibited. If an unauthorized pet is found on the premises, Guest may and/or pet may be evicted and Guest is responsible to remedy any and all pet damages and the cost of remediation, including pet allergen remediation, flea remediation and reimbursement to Manager for any refunds necessary to relocate or compensate for relocation of future guests until remediation is completed.
18. TRANSIENT OCCUPANCY: Guest expressly acknowledges and agrees that this Agreement is for transient occupancy of the Property, and that Guest does not intend to make the property a residence or household.
19. OWNERS PROPERTY: Guest agrees not to access any locked storage areas or areas not expressly meant for guests, even if unlocked, which contains owners or managers property and may contain cleaning supplies and or items that could be hazardous to children and adults.
20. FIRE EXTINGUISHER: The property is equipped with a minimum of one (1) fire extinguisher. It is the duty of the Guest locate fire extinguisher, notify all other occupants and guests of the location, and to inform management immediately should the fire extinguisher be missing, or be less or become less than fully charged.
21. SMOKE DETECTORS: The property has smoke detectors installed and they are believed to function properly at the time of rental. Guest will notify management without delay if detectors are missing, uninstalled, "chirps" or have a low battery condition.
22. SECURITY: Guest shall see to their own and to the Property security by locking doors, windows, garage doors, etc. when prudent to do so, and always when all guests are absent or the property is vacated.
23. NEW LOCKS OR ALTERATIONS: Guest shall not make or permit to be made any alterations to the Premises or change or add any lock without prior consent of Manager.
24. TV/CABLE/INTERNET/SATELLITE: Services are provided as a convenience only, and are not integral to this agreement. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regard to service.
25. SYSTEM(S) / FURNISHING / AMENITY FAILURES: In the event the rental unit sustains a failure of a system, including but not limited to water, sewer, septic, electrical, gas, plumbing, mechanical, appliances, heat pump, ventilating, pool, hot tub or other system or structural systems, furnishings or amenities, Manager will make every reasonable effort to repair or replace the failed system or equipment, and in such event, Guest agrees to permit Manager or its service provider to have reasonable access to the property to inspect and make such repairs. Neither the property owner nor the Manager shall be liable to Guest for damages, and no refunds will be given for such failures.
26. OTHER OCCURRENCES: Manager does not accept liability for any loss or damage caused by but not limited to the following: weather conditions, natural disasters, pests, construction disturbances, acts of God, or other reasons beyond its control. shall be no refunds of rents because of shortened stays, ruined expectations, or departures due to work and family emergencies, unavailability of any or all parts of the Unit, or any other reasons. It is highly recommended that Guest considers the purchase of travel insurance.
27. HOLD HARMLESS: The Guest and all occupants shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Manager and property owner against any and all claims of personal injury, property damage or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. Guests also expressly recognize that any insurance for property damage or loss which the Landlord may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of Guests, and that Guests should purchase their own insurance if such coverage is desired.
28. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The undersigned, for himself/herself, his/her heirs, assignors, executors, and administrators, fully releases and discharges Manager and Owner from any and all claims, demands and causes of action by reason of any injury or whatever nature which may have occurred to the undersigned, or any of his/her occupants or guests as a result of, or in connection with the occupancy of the premises and agrees to hold Manager and Owner free and harmless of any claim or suit arising there from. In any action concerning the rights, duties or liabilities of the parties to this agreement, their principals, agents, successors or assignees the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney fees and costs.
29. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS: Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing by a Manager in advance.
30. DISPUTES: Any disputes under this Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Belgium. Any action relating to this Agreement shall be filed only in the court in Leuven. Guest agrees to pay all reasonable costs, attorney's fees and expenses that shall be made or incurred by Manager enforcing this agreement.
31. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Facsimile signatures are deemed original signatures and approving online terms and conditions constitute approval of these terms and conditions.